View Single Post
      03-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
Nexus-6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I believe I was one of the lucky few who had the right combination of modifications to qualify for stage 4 right as it was released - it was fresh on the menu when I first sent my DME in, and Todd actually called me one evening to make sure it was okay with me if they provided me with stage 4 (as you point out, requiring downpipes) as my car qualified, instead of the stage 3 that I had ordered - same price, same turn around. Call it good timing, as I've since read that they've stopped doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Thanks for your thorough and detailed review, really appreciated. This is one of the reasons I'm consulting the forums here, as it's really a treasure trove of good info and immediate customer experience.

Just one quick question to you: You wrote that you have the ESS stage 4 flash. I was under the impression that only stages 1-3 have been released to customers yet, and stage 4 is still in the testing phase. I would be quite interested in the stage 4 as it is supposed to be adapted to aftermarket downpipes (I'm on the group buy of the ar design dps, mine will come catted), and as I've just sent in my DME yesterday (albeit to Norway, so this will take some days longer than in your case) I would naturally be happy to be able to get the stage 4 already.

Thanks again for taking your time to write all this.

Alpina_B3_Lux

P.S. I can confirm your experience with the ESS guys as well. Todd and his Norway counterparts are very helpful and reactive all the time.
Appreciate 0