View Single Post
      07-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #12
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

I picked up my n55 at about 41k miles. Water pump failed at about 47k. I am currently at 54k and I believe my oil filter housing gasket is going so I am having that replaced soon. Not sure if oil dripped from that on the belt or the tensioner is failing, but my serpentine belt is squeaking when cold (squeaking speeds up as rpms go up). I have the belt, belt tensioner, upper and lower pulleys on their way.

Long story short, if they haven't already been replaced, expect to replace the water pump and oil filter housing gasket. Closer you get to 100k, you probably want to do the belt and tensioner just because it is cheap and easy to DIY.

In about 10k miles once, I hit around 65k I will be doing trans and diff fluid.

Make sure to keep on the oil and filter changes every 5-7k. These cars use paper filters which is ridiculous. Oil is still good but wouldn't trust them lasting longer than 8k miles.

Other than that, car has run great. Catless downpipe is going in and secondary cats being deleted on Sunday.