houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
That's good news, for walnut blasting, because I've already done my N54 twice in 30k miles, and I was shocked how bad it was with 80k on it, and shocked again at the build up just 30k later. As far as oil changes go, I do those religiously, every 4-5k, and it's a bmw so I'd plan on the filter housing gasket as par for the course haha. Does MHD have e85 maps out yet? Seriously though, for what new injectors, and oem turbos are going to cost me, I'm very temped to just put that towards a downpayment on an LCI with the N55..
yup. MHD has basically brought everything we were missing tuning wise. MHD still hasnt released the update for the 2012ish cars with the locked DME, but they are close. MHD is also working on some other exciting things such as boost by gear, flex fuel, and map switching. So IMO, the future is bright for the N55.

The N55 is a solid motor with, as others already mentioned, a stock turbo that runs out of breath up top compared to the n54 or b58. For very cheap, you can rememdy that with a PS1 or if you want more there is the PS2. There are also other turbo upgrades being released, but nothing has been out in the field more than the Pure Turbos.
Appreciate 1