View Single Post
      11-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Oil Catch Can for the 2006 N52

I searched on "catch" and "OCC". Not much info comes up about catch cans for the N52. An internet search is not much better, so apologies if the question has been asked an answered...

So I'm delving into an area I'm not totally familiar with and looking for some advice. At the 350,000+ mileage I'm at, I'm pretty sure my original PCV system is well past it's useful life, so it needs replacement. Lately I've been noticing a fair amount of oil consumption and a bit of poor idle at cold start (no codes). Fuel consumption and performance are still good, so I doubt I oil consumption due to internal engine condition and it's more related to a worn PCV system.

I've seen one post on an OCC install for the N52 (Vladbud) but that's on the plastic-head N52 with the built-in oil separator in the plastic valve cover. My '06 N52 obviously has the magnesium valve cover and full PCV/oil separator device underneath the intake manifold.

Has anyone installed an OCC for the '06 N52B30? If so can you post what brand of OCC you used, describe the hose routing (i.e. drain back into the oil pan, or capped it off), and and any routing back into the manifold.

Thanks.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0