Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
I'd rather take a Lyft than drive an F30...

What makes you feel that way?

I've had F30's as loaner vehicles several times whilst my E93 was in for service. While certainly not as visceral of a driving experience as my E93 is, the F30 is quite a nice car in my opinion.

I would compare the road manners of the F30 to a VW Jetta/Passat or Audi A3/A4. Slightly firm, but not sporty. My wife would be fine with that. She just doesn't want the floaty style of the Toyota or the 'firm just to be firm' style of the Hyundai Genesis.
There's literally nothing I like about the way the F30 drives. I much prefer to be in a Golf or Civic or Focus or whatever...something suitable to its own genre.

The F30 feels like a Camry that's been put in heavy makeup and a glittery dress to come across as 'european'. Hate the steering, hate the aesthetics, the braking, the suspension, the disconnection. If anything it just angers me how far BMW reduced the dynamics of their base model line. It used to be that you could walk into a BMW dealership and drive the cheapest, most basic BMW and get a fantastic driving experience! Underpowered maybe but dynamically sound and special. These ethos simply don't apply anymore.