View Single Post
      06-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #48
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
stories like this make me very glad that literally every employee on my team has to have world class provable skills and be able to get on well with others.

In a situation like that I'd honestly find another job because life is too short to work at a company that enables any of that kind of bullshit
That's were I'm at as of now. Unfortunately this is just one of many reasons behind my job search. I feel as if I am in an impossible situation. I explained to the plant manager yesterday in our meeting that when presented with a problem is when they will see action on my end. When backed into a corner I will fight my way out unless there is no favorable outcome, at that point I will drop my fists and simply walk away. My life wasn't meant to be spent in situations such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
I worked in an environment like this for a year, while the the pay was pretty good (for a young adult) my coworkers were insanely toxic. They spoke about who slept with who, who did bad work, who was ugly, you name it. These were people who have something to say about EVERYBODY and think they are doing the company a favor by pointing out somebody elses flaws or mistakes. Most of them worked in the organization for over 20 years. Usually when people are like this I assume they talk about me when I'm not around as well.

I did not really "handle" it and I would have not told HR something, I would have just searched for another job, but of course not everyone is in a position to just change/leave their current job. I just picked up and gave them 1 months notice and told them I was moving somewhere in Europe.
This is exactly the mentality that I'm dealing with. As others have said before, there is no fix to this sort of mindset. Any attempt to combat this type of attitude, positive or otherwise, is much like trying to move a waterbed mattress full of water, you won't get it to budge and will only end up exhausting yourself. Currently I am entertaining the notion of selling my home, as I live alone and it's paid off; taking this money and moving somewhere else where there are more employment opportunities and starting life over again now that my children are adults. It's time that I'm actually able to enjoy life for a change.
Appreciate 1
wdb4718.00