View Single Post
      11-19-2018, 01:22 AM   #73
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Let me propose an exaggerated hypothetical to explain what I mean. If you are driving on the highway and see a car driving the wrong way on the exit you need to take, will you take the exit anyways and assume/hope they change course or stop going the wrong way, or just take the next exit and lose some time?
The werent driving on the highway so I dont see the point. Lets just keep it to the real situation at hand.

Quote:

I don't understand what you want me to say though....Max did exactly what he should've done to win?
Its imho not a matter of what Max should have done, its a matter of what Ocon shouldn't have done. Isnt that clear?

If a leading driver should be careful every time a lesser driver comes in view that is a lap behind, other drivers are going to take advantage on that.
Thats why for example the blue flag system is in play, to seperate the race the leaders are driving from the guys way back in the field. Almost every race class handles these kind of situations the same.
I dont understand why its so difficult to understand that. The explanation from the race director was quite clear I think? I had no problems understanding that at least.

After the failed overtaking attempt of Ocon on the straight I think Verstappen expected Ocon to back down (like he should have) and try it at another spot. Instead Ocon held his ground forcing his car into the side of Verstappens car who drove the driving line in the next corner.
This is a scenario you expect when 2 drivers are batteling for the same finishspot but not when one driver is trailing a lap. I'm sure when this was for a finish place Verstappen would have handled it differently because you can expect someone who's fighting you for the same spot isnt going to back down. But you cant expect someone who's trailing a lap behind to go in all gung ho in order to unlap himself. The rules say thats not allowed.

Ocon's chances at toro rosso next year are probably nil right now if that is still playing. If he got ditched there, this was probably revenge.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-19-2018 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0