View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 02:46 AM   #12
Dermobear
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 318i E90

Brake vac/oil /engine braking messages.

Update: Rear R/H driveshaft replaced, this cured ABS light. One sensor replaced on the brake servo, there are 2 sensors on it and am replacing the other one this week as 3702 is still showing, Brake Vacuum Plausibility.
Also still showing: 30C1. Engine Oil Pressure Control Static and 29CD Combustion misfire on Cylinder 1.
Oil has been changed and the engine flushed. Engine low oil pressure message kept showing but has now gone out on its own as has the oil low quantity message and the oil quantity checks fine. It seems that this is normal, as the new oil makes its way round the engine and cleans it out, the codes can disappear. Frequent oil changes seem to be the way to go here and using flushing oil. Old oil, when it gets sticky can also cause the oil sensors to give incorrect readings. 29CD: This is getting a new coil this week, hopefully this will cure it. Coil and injector problems seem to be a common occurrence. I have replaced a coil before and the CAT has been cleaned. The car drives fine and is reliable, I get an occasional misfire and hesitation. As it is becoming a money pit I think once all this is fixed I'm going to sell it as soon as I can. I have had a few BM's and they have all been ok but the modern ones with all the electronic crap in them just seem to be a disaster.
Appreciate 0