Thread: Racism
View Single Post
      09-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #25
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

When you say the white guy hit him I presume you mean the car, not one person hitting another (which would be a different matter entirely)...

Generally speaking cops do not give tickets unless they personally witnessed an incident or there is clear evidence (e.g. red light camera). Otherwise the tickets get thrown out in court. Who knows which car hit the other unless the cops saw it? This is a civil matter, not one for law enforcement so unclear what was expected when the cops appeared. Did someone actually call the police about this situation because I could see the cops getting annoyed at being called over someone acting like an a-hole + a parking bump.

Regardless of color, if I had my nice car parked and an a-hole (of any race) in a POS car was parked behind me telling me my car would be hit if I didn't move, I'd probably just move my car and avoid an incident. Unclear to me why your friend chose not to move under the circumstances, whether he needed to or not. I don't think the a-hole or the cops would have acted differently if your friend was pale white with blonde hair and blue eyes. Unless he was a good looking she, in which the a-hole may have been nicer, the a-hole would still be an a-hole and there is still nothing the cops would do. That's not racism IMO.

As far as you getting out of speeding tickets (while I don't)... that is not racism either. Women have always gotten out of tickets easier than men. If anyone should be complaining about that it is all men of all colors. It is just not a proper analogy for what happened with your friend.

I'm still new here and like your posts but I disagree with you on this one unless the guy actually hit your friend (not his car) in which case there should be physical evidence to indicate a crime was committed.