View Single Post
      03-18-2018, 01:58 AM   #18
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Kids cant fight it out in school anymore, if they dont get jumped by a gang after school as retaliation, the teachers suspend both kids regardless of who started it or what happened

They literally cant defend themselves anymore at school, so no wonder some of them snap

(To be fair when I was caught fighting at school the principle beat us both with his shoe, but that definitely wasn't in America)

Obviously abusing kids is just as bad as time outs and trying to be their friend, kids who are beaten rather than punished are also likely to be violent in return. My mom spaked me, my wife's parents were even more old school 3rd world with their kids and none of us turned out bad, but kids who got whipped, belted etc usually had serious anger issues
So.. you were given corporal punishment at home, and so was your wife, and both of you turned out fine... yet you come to the conclusion that kids given corporal punishment “usually” have serious anger issues? Growing up I feared my parents, my wife too, my brother in law too, my cousins too, my friends too, and they (and I) all turned out fine, upstanding citizens who wouldn’t dream of doing stuff like that article - I’m still looking for the conclusive proof that corporal punishment at home equates to angry criminal kids. Considering the increase in criminal kids today who have zero respect for authority, I would argue to opposite - if a kid knows that their only punishment is to get “grounded” with their PlayStation, TV, phone and Internet, why on earth would they ever believe that punishment is bad? Then when they grow up and are incarcerated, they get angry because for them it’s a rude awakening.

Too many parents today want to be friends with their kids first, parents second. They claim that their free range, let em do what they want style, is creating independent free thinkers. I believe that they are actually just shirking their responsibilities as parents for an easier path in the home. Being a parent is hard work, and parents today too often don’t want that hard work (afterall, they do have a game of candy crush to win).

Thanks,

S.
Appreciate 3
ASAP10162.50