View Single Post
      04-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #227
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Sorry for those on this thread, but I'm topping this. It seems many of us are now also experiencing what many did several years ago and are heading down the same paths of trying to shotgun the approach with parts.

Most of what I'm reading in this thread points to the DDE, which I've seen a few people recommend but this thread give s a little more context of why. Seems like there were a LOT of injectors replaced over the years that didn't solve a thing. I also did note in 2014 there was a Service Bulletin (B13 04 14) that provides some instructions that include new software and doing the "Wheel Increment" adaptation in lieu of replacing injectors after a carbon clean. I haven't run across a thread of someone saying that particular adaptation was done and didn't work for them so they had to get a new DDE (only a few reports of people saying that the DDE didn't allow them to reset it). Don't want to draw conclusions, but through doing a several forum searches over the past few months I'm starting to wonder if the patterns are there and it's just difficult to identify. Maybe the SIB is a fix over a new DDE, but not sure. Since there are so few of these cars owned and many people have since moved on to other cars.

So any ways, thanks for documenting in this thread. It's been helpful for me. I think I'm going to see if I can get my indy to follow the wheel increment SIB exactly and then maybe I need to go after the DDE. I saw there are some folks offering remanufacturing services on them for much cheaper than a new one, but not sure anyone has reported back on that working for them. I'm tempted to just put a new MAF in as well (also getting 3FF1 along with 4592, 4592, 4B05).
Appreciate 0