View Single Post
      05-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #82
Kubricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 130i M/T

Hey there, just some suggestions;

1) I grabbed a random piece of plastic and fit it at the intake area just to block any potential ingress of water. The location wasn't that good ain't it? Too exposed to the elements.
I have tested it with or without this cover, no impact to the power.

2) These tubes will get expand and become a little loose after 4 months of usage, make sure you check it every now and then and retighten it if necessary.

3) Please remember to remove the shipping plug (that brass flat-top plug) and install the venting plug on the V3... don't make my mistake lol. I ended up having to replace shaft seal prematurely...

4) Make sure you can operate both the throttle and brake simultaneously after everything is done. You don't want to discover you can't h&t downshift AFTER you collect the car.

5) If you drive very hard on consecutive corners the venting plug will weep a little and you have to top up the supercharger fluid. It's a known issue but it may not happen to you; just check the V3 oil level every other week will be good?

Enjoy.