View Single Post
      07-13-2021, 08:55 PM   #238
bgb32810
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335d

Injector 3

about 1.5 years ago i started to feel a stutter during idle. after numerous check engine light and code resets from a friend with legit bmw software i bought an injector from fcp and replaced injector 3. car ran great after but check engine light came back on. reset it a few times and it would stay off for weeks at a time. about 6 months later it began to stutter again and again scanned to show it was injector 3. took to bmw dealer and they said yes it is #3. so they replaced it and check engine light came back on so they took it back for a day or two and said other injectors were having issues, even though they all are well within limits when using friends software. bmw said other injectors were throwing codes and to replace all of them. i declined and kept driving. car ran smooth with check engine light on for about 5 months and is now stuttering again.

funny side note about a week before it started stuttering again the check engine light turned off, then stutter then back on. hilarious.

so going back to bmw next week and i guarantee it is #3 again. what gives? dde, carbon build up, electrical harness? i still have 2nd used injector and i really want to take it to an injector shop to test it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0