View Single Post
      04-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #186
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Just complete two installs

I just did both my car and my wife's car.

I did mine first (manual). No issues at all taking everything apart. Just pull straight up and the trim will come out.
I had an issue getting the trim piece cover off the door. Make sure you get a small screw driver and put it in as far as you can. This will allow you to pry on the plastic that the trim is mounted to. Once one side pops, work your way down. The tabs are about 1" in and definitely do it where the tab cut-outs are located in the back.
My biggest issue was putting the trim on the new sunglass holder. I just tried to push it on and I bent the mechanism that releases the door and had to mess with it for about 20 minutes before I could get it to work properly. Do yourself a favor, when you put the trim piece on, hold it in place, open the door slightly and move your fingers underneath where the tabs are located. This way you won't put pressue on the plastic pieces and bend anything.
I did my wife's car second (auto). Just start the car and pull the leaver back to D and shut the car off. It's really easy to get the knob off too. Just pull upwards and it'll come off. I pulled the shift boot off from the back. I stuck my fingers in underneath and pulled up in the back and then in the front. It came out really easy. Next, I used the tips I stated above and had her car done in 10 minutes flat.
The sunglass holder works great!
Appreciate 0