Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 AW MT

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
so let me ask you something, which of the promised free upgrades that were part of v1 have you received? they have not fulfilled their commitment with v1, v2 is a substitute for what they failed to provide with v1

and this is only if you consider it to not be part of the un specified (as opposed to the specified ones we never received) free upgrades meant to come with v1, which i consider it anyway

anyway you look at it its BS

and when you purchased xp, you purchased sp1, and sp2 and all upgrades and updates all of which increased the performance of the operating system, so your analogy is retarded, vista is a totally different product, v2 is not
Personally, when I bought my PROcede I was not promised anything but free map updates, which I've gotten. I also have not had any issues at all with it so, to me, they have fullfilled their part 100%. Shiv has specified that there was not a problem with PROcede, but with some cars that could not reach the boost targets, for example. He has provided a different, better, way to handle these situations with V2, but V1.47 had alternatives (like the LBT map) to handle them, too. So it is a fully functional version as it is, well worth its price. I see V2 as a $150 upgrade that's worth a lot more, but that I get for that price because I purchased the "previous version".

Shiv has mentioned things he has considered including in V2 or whatever, but don't tell me you bought yours solely based on what he's mentioned before.

As far as the XP/Vista analogy, SP1 and SP2 are equivalent to the different maps that Vishnu has provided to enhance and fix issues. Same as SP1 and SP2. V2 includes a map upgrade, firmware upgrade and hardware upgrade (new harness). It provides a whole bunch of new features that V1 does not have, and was never intended to have. So why is it different? Because you don't "see" a user interface that looks different like in Vista?

Last edited by cheluto2; 10-01-2007 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0