10-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btc View Post
A little info about my car. Stock 2006 E90 330i, manual trany, sport package, premium package, took deliver on 8-11-05. The car only have over 21k miles. Last service was in 8-3-09 for engine oil, hydraulic flush, wiper blades, & replace the audio amplifier. My warranty just expired on 8-11-09. I'm shit out of luck on this one. I start searching on E90post forums last night for similar problem but no luck, its like looking for a needle in a haystack. Hope you guys can help. Any BMW technicians on this forums?

This just happen out of the blue. On Wednesday 10-14-09 driving home after work, car behaves really strange, it start to accelerate by it self during coasting in 3rd gear. I have to shift it to neutral because there traffic in front. Once it in neutral, engine rev up to 5k rpm for about 2-3 second, and rpm drop back down slow to normal. I pull over to shut the engine down, pull the key fob out. I test it again when traffic was clear. Restart the engine, driving 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gear that when it start, once I pass 2500 rpm in 3rd gear, the car give a sudden boost and start launching to 55-60 mph, during this time my foot on the brake pedal prepare to stop (I did not apply the brake yet), it stop accelerate but I notice my speed needle reading going crazy at +/-20 mph position, I know i'm traveling at least +40 mph. I can recreate this over & over, and it happen every time in 3rd gear pass 2500 rpm. I do the check and it said Check OK. I also check my floor mat and it clear the pedal.

On Thursday 10-15-09, I switch key fob. It behaves normal driving to work in the morning. Driving home after work it start doing the same thing like yesterday, plus I get a lot of icons pop up on my dashboard all at once like a christmas tree. These are the symbols; ABS w/brake (yellow color), the word BRAKE is on but my hand brake is not in the pull-up position, a flat tire icon (I check & no flat tire), a triangle w/circle arrow icon (that traction control), & a small letter ABS is on. This sudden boost and launching is dangerous, especially in rush hour traffic.

I'm planning to bring the car to the dealership next week. I want to try some basic fix first to see if it solve.

If I disconnect the battery cable, will I loose my program?

How do you recess the main car computer?

Sorry for the long detail notes, & english is my second language. Thanks in advance!
This sounds bad. For one your car takes the speed reading at the hub of the wheel so if its readying +/- 20 mph and jumping from the 2 you have a sensor issue. Which may also cause the car to boost the speed up to compensate. Now if its doing it on its own - without your foot on the gas - it could be a few things, none of which are pretty. I would goto the dealer and INSIST they look it over for free because its a potentially life threatening issue you have there. and see what they say, maybe a call to BMWNA after they look at it will shed some light for you.

P.S. My car will drive itself through parking lots @ about 25mph without me doing anything but tapping the brakes twice real fast lol

any brake tapping prior to this happening?
Appreciate 0