View Single Post
      06-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #17
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
According to the sidewall they are W speed rated, traction is AA and wear is 240.

Ok they may not wear as well as PS4 but they are £63 per tyre cheaper at Black Circles prices. So save £250 per set! How many extra miles do you get for £250?
Thanks for that. Fun fact, which is frustrating; tyre manufacturers are permitted to understate the wear rating (hinting at better grip, perhaps), but not to overstate. So potentially the ZV7 actually wears as well as the PS4, but they're just not telling us

Just think though, for your extra £money per tyre, you also get to keep a bunch of tyre carcasses out of landfill

The real reason I initially went for the PS4 was that a friend who worked for a well known British supercar manufacturer at the time told me that their engineers always wanted Michelin tyres for their cars, but instead every time they ended up with custom bridgestones. Apparently in back to back testing the Michelin's (presumably PSS, at the time) consistently outperformed the tyre they actually used. Anyhow, I'm happy enough with them that I'll continue to pay the premium price. At least they're cheaper than the OE bridge stone rft!
Appreciate 0