View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #16
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

Thanks James you're a star. OK so that was what I was expecting to have to do with the scotch lock connection, however i have the loom that the retrofit instructions say doesn't use this connection

Apparently i need to check whether the 49HR signal is present on the Blue/Brown cable on the standard wiring harness. Not sure what that means, so will have to look at some wiring diagrams and see what that cable normally does - possibly indicators...

I found the trims ok to remove, but had done them all previously when installing my rear view camera so had a good idea of that to do there.

I know exactly what you mean about the left hand/right hand car things and the instructions - it says to do the CAN wire connections around the fuse box etc first, as if they should be on the drivers side, then feed the loom through and do the FRM and CAS connections. I just worked the other way around and done the CAS and FRM ones in the drivers footwell first.
I did try to connect to the wrong yellow/black cable on the 51 pin connector on the FRM at first, as the instructions seemed to indicate it was the lower of the 2 black 51 pin connectors! Ended up snapping off one of the metal connectors as i withdrew it from the grey cover as it wouldnt come out, and it is well and truly stuck in there, so i've had to remove all of the other wires from it and order a replacement cover from BWW!!

So just the passenger side left to do now, as i've fed the remainder of the loom behind the dash over to that side. Didn't loose too much blood considering but my hands have a few war wounds!

Trace files would be great, not sure what modules get any 'trailer/tow hitch' settings as a result of VO coding the option - guessing we need to deault code the PDC module at the very least after doing this.

Good luck and keep us posted on progress - and thanks again for the info and pictures
Appreciate 0