View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
AKS14
Rep
Drives: S14, and GS300

Look into a G37 if you want something different.

The VQ platform is pretty stout, they had some teething problems but have since got most of it sorted out, you can get it in a 6spd manual transmission which is pretty solid, and also you can get them with big Akebono brakes that work well.

Stock for stock they are comparable, the G acceleration, braking, handling are comparable. Granted the 335i's with a tune will be much faster. I test drove a G37 coupe 6spd with big brakes and it was nice, quick, pleasant to drive, it was just missing that little 'something' that BMW seems to have figured out soo well in the 3 series.

With that being said, the G seems to be a real nice car, relatively low maintenance costs, good looking, and well rounded. The one I test drove was an 09 with 23k miles and it was 24k from the dealer if I remember correctly.

Also yes, if you buy a used car regardless of what you paid for it, you still end up paying for replacement parts for a car of that value. I.E "Oh I bought this 05 745Li for 18k!" "Well you still are buying parts for a 90k car if anything breaks"
Appreciate 0