View Single Post
      07-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #42
deandob
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E39

Hi e93, thanks for the response. Seems not a lot of traffic on this site for the e93.

Please keep me updated on the improvements to your suspension, the standard e93 setup leaves a bit to be desired IMO. However, if it is possible to make the turn in better and remove the understeer we could be talking. I'd prefer the convertible but not knowing if the handling can be significantly improved without doing OTT mods I'm not willing to take the risk - and my dealer will be asking for a decision soon

I could order it with the standard suspension and spend the extra $$ on the aftermarket bits and getting the 19" rims will help with turn in although the OEM 19" rims are no wider than the standard 18" rims (but lower profile). Apparently a thicker rear sway bar will help fix the understeer but I'm not sure what a coilover will do?

But if it is even possible to get over the physics of the extra weight I'm not sure . I may have to wait until the dealer gets a 335 e93 to determine the real differences.

re: the M3, it will be around $160K - $170K, and apparently is a better daily driver than the prior model so not that much of a gap, but no convertible for another year . It would be interesting to see the torque curve for the new M3 and compare it to a procede 335 motor, I suspect the twin turbo will be more tractable in normal traffic due to the wider torque curve. As a current M driver I must say the new twin turbo engine is sweet

Regards,
Dean
Appreciate 0