View Single Post
      04-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #649
dixy2k
Major
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Whats with all the negative excitement in this thread? They are sending out the pipe. They may or may not have dynos in the future but considering that the pipe and tune hasnt actually been installed on any US 335ds how are they supposed to provide dyno charts? Its not bad customer service to sell the item the way they want to sell it as a package, if you go into a steak restaurant and demand a raw steak to go they probably wont help you with that either, but its not bad service to protect their reputation. It doesnt take an official body to ruin their business in the US, all it takes is a single person with a bad experience and a loud voice.

FWIW, Im not planning to buy this pipe since at this point the tune doesnt allow for OBD readiness and im pretty sure im already on the CA sh** list for my other vehicles so no reason to push it with the system, I have no stake in protecting the pipe development or its reputation. I just dont see why a few people in the community need to try to push out the only company providing this service for us. When there are dozens of MFGs providing the service then go ahead and crap on the doorstep you choose to, but when there is only a single MFG you could easily ruin it for everyone for no good reason.

If I go to Walmart to get a pencil, I don't need the eraser they are forcing me to buy. I just want a pencil, not an eraser.
Same thing here with the pipe.
Appreciate 0