WDW1Fanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i; Lexus RX400h

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd.55 View Post
i saw in the first post saying which carwash use if the car has zaino but my problem is i just bought my 06' 2 weeks ago and have no idea if it has zaino, is there any way to tell?

what would happen if i used the wrong carwash on it if had zaino?

thanks
I'm a big Zaino fan for the past number of years, having come from the strictly carnuaba world. I'm not sure of any method to tell if you have Zaino already there, but here's the deal: If you use the wrong wash, such as Dawn, it will take the Zaino or other wax off -- It's what Zaino recommends as your original prep before starting the system. Z7 is what Zaino recommends for all other washes after that first, of course. It's all I use. If I were you, I'd do your first detailing job on the car to the level you want to go. ...use Dawn once to take off whatever is there, "clay" your vehicle if that is your desire to clean off the surface, apply a layer of ZAIO if you are going the all-in-one route, and add another layer or more of Z2/Z5 on top of the ZAIO if you're not using ZFX, and then you'll know what you've got. (I always end with Z2 when using Z5 on darker colors.) To me, doing that first detail job on my new ride is like some sort of initiation, and has the side benefit of my knowing every little detail (or issue that needs to be addressed) on my car right up front. Have done it that way, the day I've brought home each of my last 3 rides, before taking it out for the first real cruise. Yes, I'm just a little obsessive that way.

Appreciate 0