View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
undisclothesed
Private
Rep
Drives:

Wheel and Tire insurance - Aftermarket or BMW?

I purchased the wheel/tire insurance on my previous car (08 R32) for around $600. It was a third party company (IAS) but all the service was done through the VW dealer. It was convenient and gave me peace of mind. It allowed me to focus on just enjoying the drive rather than what godforsaken pothole might lay around every corner or over every crest. Over the 3 years I owned the R the insurance paid for itself numerous times over. It was a great investment.

I love my new 335xi and naturally I'm bit nervous driving a 3800 lb car with 18" wheels and 40 series tires through these NY/NJ roads. I'm looking for a wheel/tire insurance program. Ideally I'd like one through the dealer just like I had with my R.

The dealer initially mentioned the wheel/tire insurance was $2k+ and I immediately said no way. After spending a few minutes lurking the forums I came across some people mentioning that the insurance can actually be had for $1100 w/ some negotiating. Anyone know how what dealer cost for the insurance actually is?

What do you guys think of it? Anyone have BMW's wheel/tire insurance? How much did you pay for it? What does it cover (cosmetic, bubbles, bent wheels that do or don't hold air, etc)?
Appreciate 0