View Single Post
      05-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #221
VXEric
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi 6MT

Just replaced mine. 2009 328i xDrive w/ 120k miles.

I removed the belly pan, stiffening plate, fan and passenger side wheel/wheel liner. Overall it took me about 3-4 hours of actual work, as was said a few times here, its really not a hard project, just time consuming and involves a lot of patience.

A few things about mine were different from what i have seen on other videos/instructions, maybe because of the year, or because of the xDrive.

1. power steering hose was attached at 3 points using a large plate. i removed all three then unbolted the plate (10mm ratcheting wrench is key here) and then slid the plate out of the way, never actually got it out from behind the sway bar

2. I didnt have to remove the swaybar until I was unbolting the water pump. Even then, I only removed the passenger side mount, it moved enough to get a socket extension under it from there.

3. I found it much easier to remove the t-stat before the water pump.

4. The hardest part for me was removing the hose coming off of the water pump (not the one going to the thermostat). It took some careful prying and moving it slowly off from a few angles.
Appreciate 0