View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #111
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Interesting development over the past week. Someone has been coming into the office during the night or in the wee hours of the morning, before she comes in and is playing games with her. For example, last week someone came in and emptied her stapler and then took all the staples from the supply closet. That day, we sent the receptionist to go buy staples; the next day someone straight up took her stapler. One day last week someone unplugged the phone line connected to the wall and she almost lost her mind trying to figure out why her phone wouldn't work until I looked and noticed the phone wasn't plugged in. The next day, someone double-side taped her phone receiver to the base. This week, someone took the batteries out of her cordless mouse, so she replaced the batteries. This morning someone straight up took her mouse; left the dongle in the computer but she has no mouse. Since we do not have in-house IT and I'm the Project Coordinator of course I am asked to solve the issue. I get her a wired mouse (USB) but the only open USB port on her computer doesn't work. As of now, she is unable to do anything with her computer and with sales orders being what they are for us right now, production schedules are changing quickly which is causing her an amazing amount of stress.

I can not begin to explain my level of delight I am taking in all this office warfare. The greatest thing about all of this is that I'm not the one doing it and she is so pissed off at whoever this anonymous person is she has redirected her focus of bitchiness from me.

This is hands down the greatest thing to happen in this office in the past 2 years. Even if the individual who is doing this is brought to light, I can foresee a copycat coming in directly after.

Update: I just overheard her telling her supervisor about the aforementioned chicanery. She actually locked her mouse and other desk accoutrements in her filing cabinet; which means this cheeky bastard went through her desk, found the key to her filing cabinet and then executed said mouse-nappery. I must say, the level of respect this nameless, V-esque character is getting from all of the other employees here is fantastic. The only thing I would do differently is to leave ransom letters for exchanges of said office equipment, such as 200 green M&M's to be delivered by the flag pole by 2:00 P.M. (Do not bring the police or HR) in exchange for safe return of the mouse and stapler.

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-19-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 5