07-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #43
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoudiee View Post
I am with Jeff here. No offence Andrew. I understand your point too and it is valid.
We do understand that twisting wires, tapping into ECU wires is not a hard job at all. The point which I agree with is the way it's done, not how hard/easy it may be. Some of us don't see a point in cutting wires and tapping into ECU on a 45-60K car a nice job no matter what. Having a plug and play option, sure... but cutting and tapping, no (for some of us - for the rest it may be ok).

Thank you for the feedback however. This is the best news so far I've heard on the N55 platform.
Review the Stage2 upgrade guide again. Nothing is cut and the install is 100% reversible. You just pull the OEM wire cap off the CAN+/- bundle, stick the JB4 wire in, and stick the OEM wire cap back on. If you're not up for that then the Stage1 is probably going to be your best bet. Just 4 connectors and done. Or you can just sit on the sidelines for however many months or years it takes companies to make at home flash tunes for the N55. Took 4 years with the N54 and it had a less complicated encryption routine.

Mike
Appreciate 0