View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #20
raybenz2011
QUICK LITTLE BLACK BAVARIAN BEAST
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i BAVARIAN AUTO

Correct! I just changed my actuator out it was to easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowSwede View Post
This job is very straightforward. Best of it all, you always have the spare actuator available to you can see where to put stuff.
I did this in about 1 hour, and did break some stuff. Or, what I broke was the 2 things that held an electric wire to the actuator. They hold a wire in place, so I just used some elastic silicone as a replacement.

Anyhow, I could get the actuator out without messing with the window or the door lock thingie on the outside of the door.
It took about 5 minutes of cussing to get it out, but eventually I found a way to slide it out. I did have to unscrew the guidance for the wire that rolls the window up or down. Then I could slide the actuator.

See the photo I borrowed from the OP.

If you unscrew that guidance in the bottom so you can push it inwards, and just loosen it at the top, you'll get the actuator out through the lower section.

As for disconnecting the window, I just unscrewed the actuatuor and with my hand, I could disconnect the rubber spongy thing attached to the window.
It was farily easy to get it back in place, the window thing I mean.
So there should be no need to remove the window or anything on the outside of the door.

Cheers and thanks to the Op, since I probably just would have let Bmw fix it if I hadn't found this DIY.
You are a 100% right WARNING! DO NOT REMOVE WINDOW OR UN~HOOK IT SIMPLY LEAVE IT DOWN FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GETTING THE DOOR PANELING OFF ONCE THE INTERIOR DOOR PANEL IS OFF IMMEDIATELY ROLL THE WINDOW UP ALL THE WAY THE ACTUATOR EASILY SLIDES BETWEEN THE WINDOW GUIDE RAILING LOCATED ABOVE THE SPONGY THINGY ON THE LOWER PART OF THE DOOR THE KEY LOCK(REMOVE COVER LOCATED SIDE OF DOOR) IS HELD IN BY ONE ALLEN KEY SOCKET HEAD BOLT DO NOT REMOVE THIS BOLT OUT ALL THE WAY OR IT WILL FALL AND YOU WILL BE SLEEPING IN YOU'RE VEHICLE CRYING OUT WHY LORD WHY! OTHER THAN THIS THIS DIY IS ABSOLUTLEY EASY JUST MAKE SURE TO CRANK DOWN ALL BOLTS AND CLEAN MATERIAL WITH BMW NATURAL INTERIOR CLEANER I'M THANKFUL TO THE PEOPLE WHO POSTED THIS AWESOME DIY WITH PICS! THE PART HERE IN CANADA COST ME $78.00 INCLUDING TAX AND IT WAS ON A 2007 328I E90 GOOD LUCK AND THANKS AGAIN I SAVED HUNDREDS
Appreciate 0