04-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #57
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
ressurection time

i got my car and ive turned the DTC off a few times for some fun, but it seems like either
A: everyone on this forum lies and the traction is wonderfull, or
B: im burning clutch like there is no tommarow (though im not getting any of that wonderfull smell)

im guessing its B, but at the same time, i feel like its not, normally if a clutch is slipping it will rev way up and then drop down real fast, im not getting any of that, but the lack of any wheelspin what so ever is really disturbing (im not dropping the clutch but im going WOT in 1st the second i i feel its engaged) ive even waited for a bit at 1k to be absolutly sure and then floored it, same at 3k

has everyone just WAY over-exagerated the lack of traction?

the question:
could it be that the CDV is forcing the clutch to slip all the way up until i shift, (note that the car is still accelerating like a rocket though)

maybe the new tires just have a lot of traction and will lose a lot once they wear more?
To get wheel spin you have to turn off both DSC/DTC, i.e hold the button for 5 secs then they are both turned off. You can smoke off the tires easily with them off, if not you need to press on the gas harder .
Appreciate 0