View Single Post
      06-12-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buumer View Post
Interesting, just today was messing with the microphone. Last piece of the puzzle to make unit complete.

Since i am using Andream unit, can't really answer your specific questions as the units are different.

However might be helpful.

Decided not to use carplay as the android screen is powerful enough with all the needed functions. It makes sense when using oem interface that is severely lacking.

My car didn't have factory mic but when i was adding a mic to radio harness i forgot to code in the function thus it didn't work - doh! (reliased it now). Then decided to just relocate android built in mic to OEM location while using bigger microphone element that actually is quite good quality for car environment. Just used OEM case but mounted mic facing the gear lever. This was it picks up speech better.

3)
Simple 2 wires and mic at the end.
In the picture is tiny built-in Android mic that i threw away (slightly right from the center)
Didn't take picture of the bigger one but it also has 2 pins to solder.

4) tap into AUX IN +/- behind the radio unit. Armrest one has some resistor/capacitors somewhere between the line that degrades signal to protect car radio.
If you don't have 3.5mm outlet then just code in the function and use the pins anyway.
Interesting!

What mic did you end up using, and where did you get it from?
Appreciate 0