BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i, M4, M6 GC, X5M

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
PMed Tiago and he said 6 weeks. Looks like its a BT Intercooler... 300 bucks and some change shipped to my door...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity26 View Post
Does anyone know if it will require massive cutting, like the BT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I would assume that VRSF is trying to do a simple upgrade like 90% of the FMIC kits -- 5" core, inlet & outlet piping, no/minimum cutting.
Price is probably going to be the most attractive element of the kit.
We're definitely not doing a BT/CX racing style intercooler. I considered one of those initially since we have access to the same cores but after personally installing one of these, I felt that it required way too much trimming and with our new design we can We're using a 7" core and we're currently working on a 5" variant which will not require trimming. The 7" core will hit our door in about 5-6 weeks and the 5" cores are still in development (end tanks). The sets we have arriving will replace the restrictive stock connectors but we will also be offering an option to use the stock connectors for the guys who don't want to deal with removing the factory hose clamps.

Price is expected to be low to mid 4's depending on final cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Price is nice, just hope the core is quality
Same type of core we use on our Evo 8 & 9 & DSM FMIC's. We've sold hundreds of DSM FMIC kits with the same fin set and have dozens of cars in the 700+ whp range with our internal/external fin set configuration. The core is great quality and proven to perform without heat soak. The 7" core will handle anything you can throw at it that is currently available on the market for the N54.

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 06-17-2012 at 10:32 PM.