View Single Post
      03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #118
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
interesting. for track only? how much camber do you need to make that work with no rubbing?
thank you
The 17X9.5” ARC-8 easily supports a 255/40/17 R-compound tire. The 255 R-compound runs much wider than the stock 255 tires and this wider wheel was designed to provide the needed sidewall support. The additional support stiffens the sidewall and with less flex the tire will resist rolling over during hard cornering. This all results in sharper handling, better tire life, and a little more fun on the track! With the wide track tires a 5mm wheel spacer is required in the front to clear the strut, and about -2.8 degrees of camber for the fronts to not rub onto the fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Hi David, guess I can pose this to you as well.

On a pre-lci E90, can one use the concave 9.5 (with or without a spacer) up front with either 255/40/17 or 245/40/17 without camber plates? Any guess as to how much camber is needed? I currently have pins pulled and m3 control arms (guessing my camber can be pushed to -1.5).
On the pre-LCI e90, you would need both a 5mm spacer and camber plates to achieve the necessary -2.8 degrees of camber in order for the front wheels to fit without rubbing onto your fenders with a 255/40/17 tire. With the 245/40/17, you would still need camber plates as it would still require a little over -2 degrees for the wheels and tires to clear your fenders properly.