DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennessyLV View Post
Hi guys, I need your help again...
Long story short- I've completed the non idrive to cic retrofit few weeks ago and it's all coded updated and works as it should except now I'm having a nightmare with the gps antenna. Was working fine till 2 days ago where I went on a long trip where half way through it lost gps signal and the car though I'm still at my home address in UK even though i was in France. What's even worse is that while I'm in the car my samsung phone doesn't get any gps signal at all and also 3 other passengers with 2 iphones and another samsung had no gps. Looks like for some reason the cic/gps antenna is blocking any gps signal completely.
The cic did eventually recognise that I'm abroad and did show that I'm in France but still it's pretty unusable therfore I'm going to disconnect the antena for now so I can use the phone as otherwise we have no nav working at all.
The antena is off ebay but read that people have good luck with it.

Any input is highly appreciated as I'm confused and not sure where to start from with this one.

Thanks beforehand!
Right, OK so where have you mounted the GPS antenna firstly? Stuck to the windscreen? On top of the dash? Underneath something? There is a good reason for asking, depending on your answer

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0