09-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #275
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Dont waste your breath
It's amazing. This all started because I called you, and others, out on the misleading statements.

Then you, and others, tried to deflect the situation by placing the burden on ME, the customer, to prove to YOU, the VENDOR, that the statements you were making were BS in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxIan55 View Post
It is completely ridiculous that we are now 9 years into a platform and there is no real data comparing any of the bolt on parts. Someone should have sacked up long ago, either shop or individual tuner and done some testing.
It's absolutely ridiculous. So is the tuning situation. We pay top dollar for inferior tunes compared to other platforms.

What's even more ridiculous is that you have vendors stating that one intercooler is recommended over another, that one intercooler is higher quality than another, but they provide NO basis for saying so. You call them out on it and all the sudden "there is no conclusive data." No shit, so stop making unsupported claims... that's the goal here, not to prove one intercooler is better than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
For bNks334

http://datazap.me/u/jpags529/log-146...0&data=4-15-21

It was 77 degrees that day. IAT was 82 starting. Ending at 90 top of 3rd.

5 degrees above ambient. ETS 5".

http://datazap.me/u/jpags529/72-shif...ata=4-14-15-21

It was 87 degrees that day. IAT was 90 Starting. Ending at 106 top of 3rd.

3 degrees above ambient. ETS 5"

Either I have a magical intercooler or maybe we can take from this that DIFFERENT CARS, DIFFERENT CONDITIONS, DIFFERENT HEAT SOAK, MODS, ETC ETC will extract different results.

Again, the flaw in your data is there is no control. Feel free to continue and try to grasp conclusive results with no control in the data, you'll be spinning your wheels though.
I appreciated your post because you finally posted some numbers. Congrats.

However, those logs are useless to me in regard to my comparison. I can't verify anything from those logs. I found your geographical location to be jersey. It looks like you gave the ambient temps from looking back at historical data of the daily high. That's about the only thing I can verify in regard to those logs and your cars mods. You also short shift your car in those logs before your turbo's start really blowing hot air. You are also N54, not very comparable to my N55 logs seeing as how you have 2 turbos that together can achieve greater airflow with less heat byproduct. Look back to post #249 where someone posted logs showing almost the same data as you. Turns out his numbers were misleading and not comparable AT ALL. Did you forget about that already? His oil temps were a dead giveaway that his car was cold. I could even prove, with the same cars logs, that the ETS intercooler, once actually hot (heatsoaked from real world hard driving), performs damn near the same as all the other 5" offerings (marginally better actually, but is the price tag worth it? it's a 25lb hunk of aluminum).

Thanks for bringing "controls" up once again. The controls are everything I've stated already. I presented logs showing similar ambient, similar heat-soak (actual HOT cars), similar loads, similar turbo's (N55), and similar altitudes (all the cities where data was taken from were all pretty much sea-level - compare barometric pressure if you want to).

If you want to say there are no controls to what I am presenting then so be it, but I think the numbers speak volumes.

The tuners have said it themselves. You are splitting hairs when it comes to which intercooler is best. On a stock turbo they pretty much all do the same thing once heat-soaked from performance driving. At the end of the day, the differences are MARGINAL.

This isn't a debate over the ETS intercoolers performance. I apologize for this devolving into something way more complicated than it really is... which was to point out that the statements being made are clearly being made to steer people away from cheaper alternatives (biased).

Last edited by bNks334; 09-23-2016 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0