View Single Post
      02-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #27
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I definitely got lucky here as this shop did install my VM kit on my 335xi without too much issue but that's about it.

I was told my front differential output shaft seal had been leaking and I didn't have anymore fluid and the gears were no good. I gave him the okay to "rebuild" the front diff and put in new fluid and seals. I highly doubt that any of that was ever done to be honest and it's not like it's something I could've checked. I asked for pics of the leak and was told they'd be sent over but of course nothing.

Throughout my time going to him it seems like every other visit there was something major that needed to be done or replaced. I've had 3/4 axles replaced on my car as well as wheel bearings for the same reason stated as OP, the boot is torn and there isn't anymore grease or something. After my single turbo install I was told my rear axle was no good so it was a replace it while it's there kind of thing. Mind you oem XI remanufactured axles go for 600+ each before labor costs, wheel hub/bearing assembly at $130 a pop as well. Almost 1k each time a axle and bearing needed to be replaced. Also no proof that any of this was done. I had never received any pictures of the remanufactured axles showing up or my bad axles being pulled.

All in all it seems like I wasn't the only one that got taken for a ride and although many of us are out of money having dealt with him I don't expect a shop to last much longer with this kind of reputation lingering. Honestly, if you can get your car out of there the sooner the better but last time I went it seemed like most were already gone except a few cars.
Appreciate 2
DS3IAM201.00
Lshaw250.50