اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
My Fathers birthday is right around the corner and he has been wanting a "soda gun" to add to his home bar for the last few months. Being the awesome son that I am, I decided I'm going to get him one. I just have no idea where to begin other than some google searching leading me to this wunderbar for 1200, first thought was damn thats pricey but alright its my dad. I figured I'd turn to you guys and see if there is anyone that knows where I can this cheaper OR any better suggestions? Thanks
I'm going to save you a few steps since I went through this a few years ago when I worked in restaurants. I have since left that industry and subsequently stopped drinking soda altogether.

Anyways, the first thing you have to figure is how much soda is he going to be using it. Does he drink soda daily? Does he entertain much? is he playing bartender?

Most of the barriers I ran into were due to me realizing that the costs outweighed the benefits. You have to realize that these machines are made for volume. I'll give you an example, that Wunder bar much like all the other machines require a cold plate that has to be kept cold with ice or else your soda comes out flat. Another thing is the syrup has an expiration date. Each box runs $45, the halves run I think $25 if they are available. You were looking at a 6 flavor gun, do the math. Now figure out the constant amount of ice you need. Now where are you going to put an ice bin, a 40lb bottle of C02 and 4-6 boxes of syrup? Run the C02 and water lines, etc.

The only thing I found that was worthwhile was, at the time $1800 and most stars have them in their houses. Its a soda fountain with a two head system, self contained with the refrigeration and C02 I believe.

Edit: Here you go.

If you could find a self contained refrigeration unit like that to eliminate the cold plate and get it in a gun configuration it could work. The description in the ad says they do custom work so you can reach out to them.

Hope that helps.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0