View Single Post
      09-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #33
jmonier
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 2002 325i

I've been considering Arctic Metallic (actually for an E92, but since I'm not liable to see one in that color for a while, I've been looking at E90s). After looking at several, I've come to the conclusion that pictures (such as in this thread) can be very misleading and that the configurator (many of the pictures in this thread) is dead wrong. If you're thinking about this color you MUST see it in person in all kinds of light. After you do that you'll either think that it's much better than you thought or (as I did) that it's definitely not for you.

The first two cars I saw looked like a light gray/silver somewhere betwee TiAg and Space Gray. I must have happened on the third under just the right conditions because it was truly a chameleon (as another poster mentioned). As I walked around, it changed from a light blue to light gray to an iridescent light green tending almost toward khaki. This is really unique and gives you a car like no other on the road. (And although the configurator pictures could be considered to be "girly", the real thing is a lot different.)

So if you spend time looking at this color in person, you'll either find something special that you hadn't considered before or be thankful you didn't make the mistake of ordering it.
Appreciate 0