View Single Post
      03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6MT

Thumbs up Sonic Tuning S2 E90 Interior LED Kit

After much debate about interior LED kits I decided to go with Sonic Tuning's kit. First off let me say that I took pictures at night of the kit and it does not do it justice at all. I have a point & shoot which does not give me the ability to take worthy pics of this kit in action. (Edit: added night time pics)

With that said I highly recommend this kit. My car was produced in 11/07 which means it happens to be very sensitive when it comes to lighting changes. This kit is ERROR FREE, does not blink what so ever, and even dims like the stock halogen bulbs. I installed the kit in the afternoon and when I first saw it I was kinda disappointed cause it did not seem that bright. However when I got in the car that night... that opinion quickly changed. The kit lights up the car amazingly. The kit has an nice white/blue tint to it which is very bright... almost too bright. The kit was easy to install and I followed the bellow DIY to the tee. YES... you must disconnect the glovebox bulb completely otherwise you will blow a fuse.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273231

The only negative thing about the kit is the map lights. They seem to be just a bit too long and are not angled to line up with lenses in the panels (pics below). But they still give out more light than the stock halogens. Despite that issue I still think this kit is worth the money. Also when I received the kit I had a few questions about which bulbs where supposed to go where and Jose replied quickly and was very helpful.

Link - http://www.sonictuning.com/bmw/e90/b...r-led-kit.html

Map Light issue:

Night time pics - Again... these are crappy pics. The kit looks amazing in person!

Last edited by BoostedE90; 03-10-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0