View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 11:13 AM   #10
Fb2017
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Yeah.. the annoying part is that nobody knows the process to even request an inspection.

Anytime I asked about an inspection I was answered with confused looks from the service advisors.

This is a premium brand that were dealing with. It is sad that they use shady language to sidestep honouring their guarantee to the customers. Sure if there is damage or an improper repair void the warranty on that part of the vehicle but to void it over information that is unclear to even their own head office reps and dealer staff is just pathetic if you ask me. It took head office a week to find out about the process for the rust warranty. Even after that much time they couldn't even tell me the process of getting the car inspected. I asked for a brochure outlining this and got nothing in writing. If all it says is get additional information from your local dealer and all the dealer is telling me is to bring the car in for pictures when rust forms I am doing exactly what is required of me as per the bmw documentation. Its not my responsibility to educate their dealers and head office staff on how to conduct an inspection that for the most part doesn't exist.

If they plan to charge an inspection fee every two years or if they need to have the car in for service every two years to have it done, they need to mention this to customers. Maybe I'd have paid to get an oil change from them every two years instead of krowning (rustproofing) the car? Would have been cheaper for me doing it that way.

I had a 2001 B5 Audi S4 that I drove for 360000kms.
When it was 11.5 years old it started to form rust behind the license plate. Guess what Audi did.. new trunk, painted the whole rear end of the car and they even gave me a loaner for the week. That car never went to audi after the warranty was up but they never made an issue about it.
Appreciate 0