Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
Update time!

Well, I did the manual swap. It was a huge undertaking on my own part, especially on jack stands. But I got there.

My Motiv flex fuel kit managed to crap itself at some point during the 6mt swap, so I have a replacement on the way from Motiv

Anyway, here's some piccies:

maiden drive as a manual

Also threw in a retrimmed M Sport steering wheel without paddles and a Carplay/Android Auto CIC box to make the cabin a nicer place to be.

Car is driving great although I'm getting used to the twin plate + smfw noises haha! Very happy with the conversion, car feels so much more engaging to drive and the Xtreme organic twin plate is a freaking awesome clutch. It's super driveable (I've been commuting in it everyday for the past 3 weeks or so, something I have never done with the E92) and it should handle the sort of torque that an unopened N54 would let go at, so I'm confident it will last me a long time. Only put about 450km on it so far, so I am still being fairly kind to it, but it definitely feels a lot more responsive. Can't wait to see how it rips with some E85 in it.

Seeing as I need to be easy on the clutch for now, I might aswell sort out the rear end and get an LSD in asap so I minimise break in km's.

I am hoping to have all my handling/cosmetic mods sorted out within the next few months or so. Slowly getting there with my goals for this car.
Nice work Jzx !!!! How are you finding the clutch?
Appreciate 0