Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
Hey all. Owned an e90 328i in the past. Now own an f30 335i. I daily a Honda Civic but I am kinda in love with the sound of a deleted 335d (sounds a lot like my buddies ram 2500 cummins.
I don't think you will consistently pass inspection with a deleted D in NJ. While all the errors could be coded out, if they ever look under the car, it's "modifications' may be figured out.

The emissions systems are not necessarily unreliable. I'm still 100% stock and have no issues at all. DEF tank and NOx sensor was replaced under warranty several years ago, but that's about it emission related. The only things I do that may be considered special is to 1) only use top tier fuel; 2) never use any additives; and 3) avoid short trips with the D whenever possible (aka - use the other car).

But very true, if not deleted it will never sound like a cummins, but it still has it's own unique sound.
Do cars have different emissions standards than trucks? My friends with diesels are all deleted and continuously pass in NJ. And this car would be used for work travel to and from philly so minimum trips would be typically 90 miles each way.
Appreciate 0