View Single Post
      06-12-2020, 07:54 AM   #42
Chadm
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 330e Sport Pro

Garage List
OK, it's a while since I did it, so I'll try my best to recall the process...

This should work fine with two units that are of equivalent type, just cosmetically different or from different cars / years. It's a non-destructive process, so your old unit will still work regardless, and the previous coding of the new unit that you will overwrite will be backed up in case you need to revert.

So in order to code it with relative ease, you need two working (electronically readable) units - your original one, and the new one that you are wanting to programme. First of all plug in your laptop to your OBD port and use NCS Expert to read the original IHKA module code and to create a trace (.trc) file. That will contain all of the configuration required to get your new one working. Name it appropriately and save it somewhere safe. You can view the contents of the file in a user-friendly interface using NCS Dummy. Then disconnect everything, turn the car off and install the new climate control panel.

Reconnect your laptop and use NCS Expert again, read the code from the new IHKA panel and again store the trace file safely. You can again use NCS Dummy to view the parameters of the new unit. This will give you clues about the donor vehicle from which it came, and comparing the two trace files you will likely see obvious differences in the configurations.

You then need to apply the original trace file from the old unit to the new one, which should overwrite the settings that don't work, with ones that do. NOTE: Be careful to update only the IHKA module, and not every module on the car as that will cause you major problems. The IHKA takes only a minute to update and I never bothered connecting a battery charger when I was doing mine. Once that is done, disconnect your laptop, shut the ignition off, start it up again and check if it is now fixed.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0