05-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #6360
I6Purist
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StradaRedlands View Post
Nice E91 in San Diego
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...488741226.html
Can't comment on the price, who knows anymore. Lacks sports package or winter package, but low miles/last year of prouction is pretty nice.
Definitely different level of niceness than the one I am trying to sell in SD. However, I will say that after owning 3x N51s (e90, e91, e82) they are all going to need quite a few costly repairs between 75,000mi and 115,000mi. If someone wants to drive this pristine car for 2 years and sell it for around the same they bought it for and hope there isn’t too much that comes up in between, then it seems perfect.
But if someone wants to keep it forever because they know e9x/e8x were the last generations of BMWs that cared more about steering feel and sublimely smooth engines over efficiency, I think a slightly higher mileage car with good records with service and repairs from a reputable mechanic is a much better bang for your buck. A $13k car with 75k mi on it quickly becomes a $20k car with 100k mi.

Low miles are getting harder to come by, but to me low miles has started to mean not only spending more upfront, but possibly getting the opportunity to be the one to pays for many of the costly repairs rather than the last owner. Well at least they will be done by either you or the mechanic you trust.
Appreciate 1
4 Doors1169.00