Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omare90 View Post
Huge thanks and applause to Nickco43 for doing this.

In the guide (E9X ACC Retrofit DIY v1.1.pdf) Nick mentioned having to take apart the connector for repinning. You do not have to take it apart if you get the connector I received. I don't know if Nick was missing the parts shared below.

The connector has a green slider mechanism that locks and exposes pins for extraction. It is super simple. There is a clip that needs to be pushed while sliding the whole piece to the left. When you're done just slide it back to the right.

[pictures attached]

My harness had pins 1(Ground), 2(PT-H), 3(PT-L), 4 (empty), 5-6 (pinned), 7(empty), and 8(Supply).

I simply moved the pin from 5 to 4 for the Wake-up signal. Since 6 isn't being used, I'm going to take it out for another use. Having the green slider mechanism made it a 2-minute job, really.

BTW, as Nick has warned, the ACC sensor module is very hard to attain at a reasonable price. I spent $400 on eBay(US), which I consider lucky, as most are way above that price. Also needed an LDM module because My car was from 2008. I just got the stalk interchangeable with e90 mentioned by another person. Hopefully, it will work. The other parts needed are super easy to source, however.

At the moment, I'm doing an AC compressor replacement so the ACC retrofit is getting done at the same time since I already have everything taken apart. I'm also putting in an M3 replica front bumper for e90. The bumper lower grill will be cut out with Dremel to fit the ACC sensor module.

Fingers crossed, it will all come together without too many issues. Will follow-up update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Since I have the car all apart anyways for the idrive dash install, I'm doing this one too.

Be really careful with the little ribbon cables if you aren't buying a full combination cluster.

Fortunately this happened to the cruise control stalk that came with the car, not the ACC X6 one I'd ordered from spain...
Let me know if u guys had to get it aligned or not
Appreciate 0