View Single Post
      07-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Balthazar_B
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

[QUOTE=mapezzul;3002295]Well,
BMW answered my questions tonight after I posted on why they were keeping us in the dark (USA).

Not going to make some people happy, as it is still leaves some things open.
The DCT being one of them. No Direct injection and No Connected Drive. iDrive.... Full read and .pdf

from bimmerfile

http://www.e90post.com/goodiesforyou...w_3_series.pdf

Actually, what little they say about the coupe and cabrio could be taken to mean that the '09s will be saddled with the old iDrive. I'm reminded of how several auto manufacturers refused to make any meaningful improvements in some of their top-selling cars in the face of rising competition, and never regained market share in that segment. With Infiniti coming out with a very attractive cabrio and Audi revamping its A4, S4, and RS4, I'd have to just shake my head and wonder what BMW is thinking (especially if they release a new iDrive and DCT with the E92/E93 models throughout the rest of the world and not to the US, which I would find insulting if it weren't so utterly knuckleheaded). That may just tip the scales for cancelling my order and considering more attractive alternatives in the next few months.
Appreciate 0