View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

I went with Musicar's Level 2 System with the XD600 Amp, Jehnert 3 ways (Tweet, mids and underseat woofers) and their level 1 sub with the Image Dynamics 12 in the trunk, and all I can say, is that they are sweet. NOT CHEAP, but quality and perfect integration never is.

I have the Logic 7, so I needed the mobridge to allow my stock deck talk to my amp.

I am also a HiFi Enthusiast, and own a Pioneer Spec 1 and Spec 2 circa 1978, as my home stereo bi-wired into some Bowers and Wilkins Bookshelfs.

The Jehnerts require some break in time, and my system is still new, but they are starting to open up.

I listen to a wide variety of music from Hip Hop (Tupac/Biggie), to House to acoustic stuff. Lately I have been playing some Stan Getz with Astrud Gilberto, which is a pretty silent recording and this system really brings out the recordings softness and details. On the other end of the spectrum, I love blasting AC/DC Live while enjoying my 100% E85 tune, and the everything from the crowd to the kick drums sound AMAZING. It's like being in the concert.

Hip/Hop Rap is kinda ehhhhh, if that's your bag, I would stick with the stock system and upgrade to a trunk woofer, but then again I am playing relatively low bit rate MP3's.

But overall I am very pleased with the integration and performance of this system. If it's in the budget, I would just get a package from MusicarNW, as it's all tuned with all the right wiring harnesses and plugs for the speakers and amplifier hookups. You are paying for all the details in kit setup (amp rack that screws into factor holes, harnesses, research for proper sound setup and component choice and support) Ken even responded to support emails over the weekend within 30 mins of my requests.

Best of luck in your search.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0