djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
What accident!...in this case, by hesitating and "looking" at the other driver the OP "helped" in creating the confusion and could have lead to a collision.

Yes, like Doughboy says, it's fairly minor.

Very often, its when people hesitate or don't know what to do that accidents happen. Either, you let the other party out of the junction....
No one said there was an accident? There wasn't any chance of an accident because the OP minimised the risk by stopping when he saw the Peugeot ignoring the give way markings. The hesitation comes after the initial incident where both parties have stopped and frankly shows the stupidity of the Peugeot driver when he still tries to go even though the gap he must have at that point is pretty small.

The OP is approaching a round about and the Peugeot seems to think that because the OP is going fairly slowly that he can push his luck and barge out into the road, or that it is some indication that he should.

I hope the Peugeot driver was either fairly young or a new driver because they are showing a lack of experience of driving here. My basis for this is that they are coming from a minor road onto a main road and they think they are going to get 2 for 1. The VW went before him, his turn is after the next car has passed. The VW actually does the right thing and uses the yellow box in his favour but the Peugeot is just being stupid.

I agree that this is a pretty small day to day incident, but I don't think the thread was claiming it was anything major. It's easy to look in hindsight and say the other guy did stop, but you can't say that until after he has stopped, or is in the side of you.
Appreciate 0