01-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #61
Dannydeleted
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subaru STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Wow just like that everything changes in the world of N54 tunes!

Does Cobb guarantee dealer invisibility after flashing back to stock?

Is "stock" really the same exact stock state that BMW created not just a stock like map? In other words if BMW hooks up my ecu they wouldn't be able to detect anything changed before.

Does this vin lock the AP to one car at a time but allows the user to still sell it after uninstalling the AP ? Is there a limit to this?

Will there be additional charge for future OTS s2 and s3 maps when they come out?

Also, when do you expect stage 2 to be ready?

Thanks!
Alan (former EJ20 AP user )
If the AccessPORT is completely uninstalled from your vehicle, then yes, your original factory-installed map is back on there and there are no traces of the AccessPORT's existence.

We do recommend that if you're taking the car in for service, to UNINSTALL the AccessPORT prior to taking it to the dealership. Then ReInstalling when you get the car back.

With all AccessPORTs, once installed to a vehicle, it will stay "married" to it until you decide to un-marry the AccessPORT from that vehicle. I'm sure I can say that we have a better track record than celebrity couples.

I'm not sure about how the OTS Stg 2+ maps will be handled, but expect something similar to how the rest of our OTS maps are currently handled in our map database. (readily available for download)
Appreciate 0