View Single Post
      08-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
danmcq
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive M Sport

Question Trace Files & Reading ECU Modules with NCS Expert

I'm trying to understand how the trace files generated by NCS Expert work. So after selecting my chassis (e89) and then 'CAS' from NCS Expert, a FSW_PSW.trc file is generated in the 'WORK' folder. I thought this was supposed to contain the current values read from the ECU, but upon inspecting this file, I see that none of the options which I have previously coded to my car (and which work fine) are reflected. I assume that the values in this initially generated trace file are the defaults for my vehicle. Is this correct? I am aware that if I go a step further with NCS Expert and select an individual module, followed by the 'Read ECU' command that the FSW_PSW.trc file generated *does* contain the correct, current values for my car from that specific module.

What I would like to know is - how can I generate a FSW_PSW.trc file which contains all the *current* values for all modules? Is this possible? Sorry if my phrasing of this question is difficult to understand - I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the coding terminology and whatnot.
Appreciate 0