View Single Post
      01-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Rich another great post, BTW, do you even run into people being a little put off of you taking pictures of their property.
Maestro,

Thanks!

Over the course of 10 years, only a few people have ever been unhappy with me. In one case, I walked out into a farm field to get a good photo, and a lady in the farmhouse yelled "Get outta the damn field!" Another time, a fellow drove over from his nearby house to see why I was taking a photo of his seemingly abandoned old car.

My favorite incident was during a motorcycle trip on my BMW R1200GS. I was standing by the roadside wearing my helmet, boots, and other riding gear, taking a picture of a burned-out house with an interesting statue in the front yard. A girl scout was driving by, stopped her car, and told me that I shouldn't be there (on the public road). She was really unhappy with me!

As I said in the report at the time, "Motorcyclists just don't get the respect we used to!"

For the record, only once have I left the engine running and the driver's door open for a fast getaway while taking a photo in someone's front yard! And on the other hand, I've had countless very enjoyable conversations with property owners about their historic houses, mills, gardens, etc. Most people are pleased when someone takes an interest.

Rick
Appreciate 0