Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91ME View Post
Oh, I didn’t know you have the error code already. I thought you were just wondering if your car could have this problem down the road.

When you said you cleaned the “forward vanos solenoids” and the codes still came back, I’m guessing that the code did not change from exhaust to intake, or vice versa? I’m also guessing you are going to work on the non-return valves behind the right side wheel well next, and not solenoids. The non-return valves are just spring loaded check valves. They are not powered solenoids, so no wires going to them.

For your year look up the bearing ledges tech bulletin and see if you fall in those build dates. I’ve seen at least 2 versions of those, with one that was revised for the build date ranges that it covered.
I had read around and found out that my car is not a part of the defective bolts on the vanos actuators. *fewph*

After clearing the return valves, my codes went away. They were not dirty like some of the pictures around the internet, but maybe something was caught up in them.

Now I only have 1 error and that's a light bulb that is not functioning, while all my bulbs are functioning, lol.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0